Friendzone:What’s the deal then – what does this “ friend-zone “ really mean?
Do you like ‘ have to hold their hands ‘ when they start acting all girl-interrupted?
Do you just Forest-gump the situation and stay the perpetual best friend that holds her fendi bag while grabbing her a skinny, soya mocha latte? Do you suddenly start sharing manis and pedis whilst discussing her latest dillema regarding how her ACTUAL relationship is
progressing ?
Do guys do this in the hope to start as friends and grown from there because she’s got a beautiful mind or a great rack ?
I just never want to see you waste your time my son – we only have one life (only the Kardashian have tv re-runs) and you don’t have time for social posturing. My advice would be to unpack where your head is at with said friendzoner and make a decision from there. If it’s not reciprocated then walk away, as in walk until you can no longer see her and then keep going – run Forest run. Of course, any general advice would have exceptions, perhaps she’s jaded because the nasty world made her that way inclined; you’ll have to go case by case I guess. I definitely think you’d be able to tell how sincere she is though, ( women are not as difficult to understand as you have been led to believe). Crop circles and why alien abductions are always in remote areas and aliens never seem to pick humans with particularly high IQ’S - now that has loads of unanswered questions. With women though I think you need to just go with your gut.
Platonic friendships - It is very much my pleasure to call bullshit on this dynamic.
To be clear , I am not talking about the sweet lab assistant with whom you will share a cup of coffee whilst breaking down the specifics of your latest bio experiment . Men and women can be friendly and co-exist rather nicely, That’s how it should be, abso-friggin-lutely but BEST FRIENDS… ? It’s a no from me- “because I have issues of my own” {added in by my friend Angela}.
If I had a dollar for everytime you’ve said “we’re just really good friends” (Such a cryptic non-answer) – I’d be able to retire at an appropriate age boytjie, with a built-in jacuzzi!
Perhaps it’s just me and you CAN have a ‘girl-friend’. That would be craze-mazing but I honestly just don’t think it’s possible, and neither does a very large number of psychology polls on human behaviour { Ang again- polls written by woman who have no male friends}. ‘Tis true boytjie – it’s really just NOT possible! (Not that I ever need a second opinion or validation) and sure, it’s just an opinion I share with more than half the planet but my guess is that the basis of this analysis is as sound and real as Cindy Crawfords mole!
One or both parties in your friendship is rooting for more .
She’s never just going to be a Bro with a Bra Brah!
I remember one girl-friend and watching your initial interaction ; your Casanova impersonation was on level 10 while you acted very cool in your ‘flirtation-ship’
“We’re just friends mom!” Yes, and you usually regail friends with more praise than glitter at a gay parade (Nothing against same-sex, just liked the analogy)
It was curious to watch though, and did it end in a relationship ? Well… YEAH!
A study asked over 150 professional men and women what they liked / didn’t about cross-sex friendships. Topping a womans list was sexual tension. Topping a mans was sexual attraction and for them - the prime reason for engaging in the friendship to begin with.
Fun Fact - Social network MeetMe ran a poll of over 6500 users and found that 50% of people admitted to fantasizing about sexy time with their friend and nearly 40% reported to actually have engaged in sexy time. 2/3 admitted they would if the opportunity presented itself. – How’dya like them apples! {Ang likes plums}
Dom, this update was mostly for ‘fun’ and you mentioned that you WOULD have an opinion and I do want you to start participating in our BLOG and not just reading it and putting your opinion in your back pocket – I think with this I’ll have sufficiently pushed your buttons to warrant a reply (sneaky right ? – I know, I’m amazing like that)
The REAL lesson however is that I do want you to know your worth and not waste your time. At the end of the day, all anyone wants to know is “ Am I OK, am I Loved” by extension, please respect these feelings in another, as a gentle-male.
Later my Dear Tresor, I hope all is hella alright in your world and I can’t wait for you to visit
Mama-bear
No comments:
Post a Comment