OK, so this is baby-bears reply below (please read the previous post) so you will better understand the response from my man-child:
Mama, I didn’t know how I should post my response, or who to share it with at all, and I’m rather lazy at the end of that typing. So I’m just gonna copy paste it here:
Mama, I didn’t know how I should post my response, or who to share it with at all, and I’m rather lazy at the end of that typing. So I’m just gonna copy paste it here:
mama bear, i have found myself with very little mental stimulation since this holiday began. so here I sit with my brain aching for anything to rip apart, ample free time, and several buttons tickled, as you had hoped to achieve. I am going to enjoy this.
before I begin I would like to make note of your ability to use Forrest Gump in two juxtaposing metaphors. It's not a big thing, i just enjoyed it. anyway.
I feel like there are a few misapprehensions regarding my relationship with friendzones. I seldom find myself in one, and to date, have not yet attempted to wait out the winter in one
. on the contrary, I have spent many months as the warden of said friendzone with a guest list that was subject to frequent augmentation, not to brag or anything. I suppose I just proved that I have no shortage of hubris. Alas, pride certainly do cometh before the fall. the river of female interest has been reduced to a trickle, not that I ever really drank from it ( "there is nothing more pleasurable to me than my ardent unavailability" - cant remember who said it) , it was good sustenance for my ever growing ego though. 🤷🏾♂️
I should mention that this is no cause for consternation. I won't judge those who dedicate themselves to the acquisition of another's affection, anywhere your heart leads you is indeed a holy journey in my eyes. but the stars in my night sky point me in another direction. I am in no danger of wasting my time chasing an unrequited passion ..... currently . I always speak prematurely and find myself swallowing my own words. but for now your son has his head screwed on straight. despite my efforts, the world of girls remains trite and far too strenuous for my taste.
also, the past girlfriend you mentioned serves as an excellent example for my case.
i will admit that i think you're right about one thing, best friends like that cannot be platonic, but this argument resides within the grey area between absolutes, along with the rest of all existence.
I believe that everyone has a different threshold of intimacy, after which one finds themselves int he region of love. not just the modern perspective of love, but particularly three of the eight forms of love that the ancient greeks described -- Philos, pragma and Agape ( friendship love, enduring soulmate love, and brotherhood)
and many people can coexist as friends, good lifelong friends, without ever crossing that threshold.
I have plenty of very good friends that I admire, respect and enjoy, but few cross that border.
One did. And for the longest time it WAS purely platonic ( it didn't start that way. it fizzled because I had the maturity of a prenatal goldfish ... and she looked like a boy.)
and so Philos developed. and it certainly would have stayed that way, had she not rather quickly turned into a girl, and I grew up a teensie bit. but we were in a time of drastic growth and development. had we not grown as we did, we could have stood together at the precipice of Ludus without ever falling. and now, having done all the growing seems possible for now, what now could i have that would push anyone over the edge? what is there to push me over the edge? just turning into a pretty girl doesn't work anymore, as this year has proven.
side note: just imagine if she had followed the same advice you've given me. I was all but a lost cause for a long time. by all logic, we should not have dated, given the probability.
you're also one of many who have told me about flirting that I have no recollection of
one has even dared to say that flirting is my entire personality? its apparently how I treat everyone these days.
but i assure you, your son does not flirt intentionally. ( I speak not for the man at the bottom end of a few too many beers.)
mama, 'tis not true. consensus does not even equate to cogency, let alone truth. if it did, the earth would still be flat, bleeding a patient could cure diseases, and we would still be burning "witches" that are just good at chemistry.
"more than half the planet" may just need to look deeper into minds that do not function like theirs do, and see an entire world of possibilities, where platonic relationships roam free on a round planet.
but you're right (I'm saying this twice in one day.... wow), the friendzone is a nasty place that eats away at ones pride and dignity. I shan't be grabbing lattes and listening to boyfriend problems. Even if time existed, I wouldn't have any for that nonsense.
later, mama.
No comments:
Post a Comment